10th Grade Guidance
Counselor: Will Ortiz
Fall of Sophomore Year:
- Take a strong course load and do your best to make good grades. Admissions counselors initially focus on your grades from 9th–11th grade.
- Attend the Christian College Fair at CCA. You can find more information about upcoming events on our Guidance Events page.
- Check the Guidance Events page of the CCA website for college representatives visits. Sign up for an upcoming visit with Mrs. Vargas.
- Take the PSAT in class.
- Keep up with your grades, activities and volunteer services.
Spring of Sophomore Year:
- Attend the National Christian College Fair at CCA. You can find more information about upcoming events on our Guidance Events page.
- Take the PLAN in class.
- Know your range of projected SAT and ACT scores by using your PSAT and PLAN results.Contact your Guidance Counselor with questions.
- Make some campus visits in the spring of your sophomore year. Bring your Accepted! book on campus visits. Refer to pages 14–38.
- Choose your 11th grade courses wisely. It is extremely important that you maintain a challenging schedule if you plan to attend a competitive college.
- Make arrangements to take a SAT/ACT prep course during the summer. Please refer to the Test Prep website on the CCA Guidance page.
Summer after Sophomore Year: