Homeschool Athletes 2016-17
CCA Homeschool Policies
Here at CCA we welcome homeschool students to try out for our athletic teams!
* Cut sports - If a sport has team tryouts and cuts are necessary, then for every 6 roster spots, one can be a homeschool student. For example, if a team roster has 6 athletes, then one (max) can be a homeschooler. If a team has 8 on the roster, then 2 (max) can be homeschoolers
1 - 6 roster spots - 1 can be a homeschooler
7-12 roster spots - 2 homeschoolers
13-18 roster spots - 3 homeschoolers
* Participation Fee - Once a student makes it on a team, there is a participation fee of $1000. This fee covers the entire school year (fall, winter and spring sports teams), as well as the opportunity to be involved in Homecoming (October 2016) and Friday chapels. If a student wishes to participate in Chapels, then he/she must obtain a "pass" to be on campus on Fridays.
* Eligibility - Homeschool athletes must have all the FHSAA forms submitted and be approved before they can participate in team practices/games.
* Process for a NEW CCA homeschooled athlete:
1) CCA Application ($100 fee)
2) Acceptance as CCA student-athlete
3) Payment of $1000 homeschool participation fee in full
4) Forms Submission before sport deadline (see deadline dates and fax number below)
RETURNING CCA HOMESCHOOL STUDENTS
! This fee covers athletic participation for the year, as well as the opportunity to be involved in Homecoming (October 2016) and Friday chapels.NOTE:
The EL7 form will NOT need to be submitted for the 2016-17 school if the student wishes to participate in the SAME sport(s) as last school year. However, the EL7V (page 3 of the EL7) has to be submitted each year.
If a sport is being added to those listed on last year's (2015-16) EL7 form, then a new EL7
form (all 3 pages) will need to be submitted for this coming year (after July 1)
. Please complete the EL7 form and turn in to Athletics no later than August 22nd for FALL team sports. If your student wishes to start practice on August 1 the EL7 MUST be in before that date!
NEW HOMESCHOOL APPLICANTS for 2016-17
STEP ONE: APPLY HERE to participate at CCA as a homeschool athlete! Requires payment of $100 application fee
STEP TWO: PARTICIPATION FEE FOR 2016-17The annual participation fee of $1,000 is to be paid once the athlete is accepted/admitted to CCA, and before any participation (including tryouts, practices, or games). This fee is non-refundable, unless the student does not make the team roster, in which case it will be refunded in full. This fee covers the entire school year. Please note: there are no payment or billing options for the homeschool fee, it must be paid in full before an athlete can participate in a sport.
STEP THREE: FORMS
The following forms are to be submitted to Athletics. The forms are updated each year, so please use these current forms. Complete ALL of the following forms upon acceptance into CCA as a student athlete:
FHSAA EL7 FORM Registration form for Home Education Student, including the EL7 "High School Record"
FHSAA EL9 FORM (HS - use second semester only, MS - use to record child's last semester's grades)
FHSAA EL2 Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form (bring to doctor's office for annual physical)
FHSAA EL3 Consent and Release of Liability Form
2016-17 CCA Release of Liability
Concussion Course Certificate - CONCUSSION COURSE required - all student athletes must complete after June 1, 2016 INSTRUCTIONS
FHSAA GA4 Athletic Recruiting - required for any NEW CCA homeschool student grades 10–12, or grade 9 who applies after the first week of school. NOTE: This form must be notarized, so please sign in the presence of a notary.
DEADLINES for 2016-17
FHSAA GA4 Athletic Recruiting
- required for any newly enrolled student
grades 10–12, or grade 9 who enrolls after the first week of school. NOTE: This form must be notarized, so please sign in the presence of a notary. - See more at: http://www.ccaeagles.org/page.aspx?pid=362#sthash.wfLhSGcx.dpuf
** The EL7 must be completed and turned in to Athletics before the student can participate!
Fall Sports EL7 deadline: August 22, 2016 (Football, Volleyball, Cross Country, Golf, Swimming)
Winter Sports - EL7 deadlines: Girls Soccer - Oct 10, Boys Soccer - Oct 17, Girls Basketball - Oct 24, Boys Basketball - Oct 31, Wrestling - Nov 7
Spring Sports - EL7 deadlines: Lacrosse - Jan 16, Softball, Tennis and Track - Jan 23 , Baseball - Jan 30
Athletic Homeschool Representative: Wendy Thomas, email@example.com FAX: 954-200-6128