2014-2015 CHRISTMAS Music Concert: Light of the World
“In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.”—John 1:4
Attention all performers: We are looking for students in grades 6 through 12 who are vocalists and instrumentalists of all kinds, who would like to be a part of the Light of the World Christmas Concert. You do not need to be a band or chorus member to audition. We are looking forward to seeing many new faces for this exciting program!
Monday, September 15 and Tuesday, September from 3pm to 5pm
Everyone MUST come on Monday, September 15 to be considered. Do not plan to wait for Tuesday, which is intended only for those for whom there is not enough time on Monday.
TBD - first week of December
It is with great excitement that we look forward to this year’s Christmas Music Concert, which will give dedicated students an opportunity to perform using the unique and special gifts that the Lord has given them. This concert is completely voluntary and, therefore, requires a complete commitment.
Please print and read the Audition Information and Permission letter carefully and go over it together as a family. The heart of the Fine Arts Department is to come alongside you as parents to help students make the best individual choices regarding their extracurricular involvements. Please know that for any production all cast members will need to be fully committed to rehearsals. This concert will require a great deal of teamwork and it is important that everyone involved give it the highest priority.
"For which of you intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether
he has enough to finish it."—Luke 14:28
All students who are in Grades 6-12 are invited to audition. Online registration is required. All students who want to do Tech must register online, sign in, and attend interview. Audition packets may be picked up in the Performing Arts office. Registration closes Sunday, September 14 at 11:59pm.
These are the songs and music required:
- Females must learn and perform ONE of the songs listed below under "Female Vocalists", one verse and the chorus of "Feliz Navidad".
- Male Vocalists must learn and perform "Joseph's Lullaby" by Mercy Me, one verse and the chorus of "Feliz Navidad" and "Prepare Ye the Way" by Michael W. Smith
- Instrumentalists must learn“We wish you a Mambo Christmas” arr. Erik Morales- FJH Music and "Prepare Ye the Way" by Michael W. Smith.
1. “Breath of Heaven” by Amy Grant
Song link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vohJ4RpX0pc
2. “He Has Come For Us” by Meredith Andrews
Song link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lud4W3v2QL4
3. “Joseph’s Lullaby” by MercyMe
Song link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ehZ5s_icFE
MALE AND FEMALE VOCALISTS:
4. “Feliz Navidad”- Jazz Version
Song link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVJk0zYm38
5. “We wish you a Mambo Christmas” arr. Erik Morales- FJH Music
http://www.jwpepper.com (In the search box type in “We wish you a Mambo Christmas”)
Band and Chorus:
6. “Prepare Ye the Way” by Michael W. Smith
Song link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bbihPd9KAk
Auditions will be held on Monday, September 15 from 3:–5:00pm. Call-backs or additional auditions will be Tuesday, September 16 at 3:00pm. Students should plan on being available after school on Tuesday, September 16 for call-backs or additional auditions.
All students should report to the Lobby in front of the Theatre promptly at 3pm to sign in, turn in their signed Parent Permission/Parent-Student Commitment form and receive an audition number. Students will not be allowed to audition without this form. Students must remain in the Theatre Lobby. If student is not available when called, they will be moved to the end of the schedule.
- Students sign in, receive a number and turn in signed Parent Permission form.
- Students will audition individually.
Being ‘called back’ does not necessarily indicate that a student is being considered for a part. Some students are cast never having been called back. Other students that are called back may not be cast at all. Call-backs are reserved for the sake of the director to make the best decisions possible.
- Students should come prepared to perform one song from the selections in the packet.
- If a student is not available when they are called, they will move to the end of the schedule.
- Because of space and distractions, we kindly ask that all parents wait in the lobby.
Parents and students should be aware that a student’s behavior in class as well as their academic progress is taken into consideration during the audition process.
Cast list will be posted Friday, September 19 on the wall outside the Band Room. All cast members must attend a meeting on Friday, September 19 from 3pm-4pm.
If you have any questions, contact either Jim Mullen at email@example.com, Rochelle Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or Denise Nering at DeniseN@ccaeagles.org
Parent Info and Permission Packet