Guidance Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply to college? Go to the college website and check the admission page for more information.

How do I find scholarships? Go to our website for more information about college scholarships

How do I sign up for the SAT and ACT? You can register for the SAT using the College Board site. Registration for the ACT can be done on

What can I do to earn community service hours? Go to our Community Service site for more information on volunteer opportunities. Once you have earned the hours, record them on the Community Service Form and hand them in to Mrs. Vargas in the front office.

How do I know which colleges will take my AP score? Go the following link to and click on the “Find out the AP score” to view the score required by the college of your choice in order to receive credit.

How do I know which colleges will take my DE credit? Contact the admissions department at the school of your choice to inquire if they will accept the score.

What can I take in middle school that will count for HS credit? Algebra 1 Honors, Digital Learning 8, Physical Science Honors

How do I become eligible for DE courses? A passing score on the PERT test. You must have a minimum of an unweighted GPA of 3.0. A minimum of 11 high school credits.

How do I find information about Bright Futures Scholarships? More information about Bright Futures can be found on their website.

When can I start logging community service hours? After 8th grade commencement.

How many service hours are required for graduation? CCA requires 120 hours for graduation (30 per year). To earn a Silver Cord at graduation you need to complete 240 service hours.

How can I change my schedule? Courses can only be dropped during the first full week of each semester. Students may pick up a schedule change request form from their guidance counselor or print it from our website. Obtain the required signatures and return it to your guidance counselor.