Before outlining our plan, we would like to draw your attention to a CDC paper
that was published July 23 addressing the importance of reopening America’s schools this fall. As you are deciding what is best for your child(ren), here are some key points to keep in mind.
- COVID-19’s impact on children
According to the CDC’s report:
- “The United States reported that children and adolescents under 18 years old account for under 7 percent of COVID-19 cases and less than 0.1 percent of COVID-19-related deaths. So far in this pandemic, deaths of children are less than in each of the last five flu seasons.” The CDC also states that “children are unlikely to be major drivers of the spread of the virus.”
- Negative effects of extended school closures
The CDC reported that:
- “Following the wave of school closures in March 2020 due to COVID-19, academic learning slowed for most children and stopped for some,” also adding that “school closure disrupts the delivery of in-person instruction and critical services to children and families, which has negative individual and societal ramifications.”
- Importance of in-person school environment
The CDC concluded that:
- “Schools provide critical services that help meet the needs of children and families . . . through supporting the development of social and emotional skills, creating a safe environment for learning . . . and facilitating physical activity.”
This new CDC recommendation aligns with the recommendations from the Florida Department of Education and the American Academy of Pediatrics. CCAH will follow these recommendations for the 2020-21 school year while providing a safe and nurturing on-campus learning experience for our families as well as state-of-the-art mobile learning opportunities.
That being said, we are pleased to announce the finalized reopening plan for CCA’s Hollywood campus:
- All students at CCA Hollywood will be resuming classes in the fall under the Scenario 1 model, which involves attending classes on campus five days a week full-time. We determined this was going to be the best solution for all grade levels due to the smaller class sizes and large classroom space we have available on this campus. These two factors will allow students to practice social distancing in an environment that prioritizes both their safety and education.
We invite you to carefully review the plans and consider CCAH for your child(ren)’s return to school.
Health Screening and Procedures
In addition to our heightened cleaning measures and daily temperature checks that are aimed to minimize COVID-19 exposure, we will be limiting visitors on our campus and requiring students and staff members to conduct a Daily Home Symptom Screening
Hundreds of hours of planning have taken place this summer, hundreds of hours of research and correspondence have transpired between CCAH and professional entities like the health department, governing authorities, medical professionals, the CDC, and education experts. Hundreds of thousands of dollars have been invested into training, staffing, and acquiring additional technology. The CCAH team has done this work so we can give our students the opportunity to start school this fall in person.
We fully understand that many families will want to wait it out a bit by starting fully remotely for the first weeks or months, and we respect that and are so glad we’re able to give you that option. Either way, as part of the CCAH community, your child will be experiencing an excellent Christian education that will challenge them to grow spiritually, academically, and socially.
Excited and Prayerful
We are excited to welcome our students back on campus or online this August! Until then, let’s all continue to be in prayer for our school, nation, and world and look for opportunities to be a light and to lead. In closing, we leave you with this blessing from Numbers 6:24-26:
“May the Lord bless you and protect you.
May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.”