Calvary Christian Academy ask that all families conduct the daily home symptom screening each morning at CCAEagles.org/Check
(mobile friendly) to help ensure that our students remain healthy and so on-campus activities can continue.
Close contact is defined by the CDC as:
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
- You had direct physical contact with the person (hugged or kissed them)
- You shared eating or drinking utensils
- They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you
Should a CCA community member (student, faculty, staff, etc.) come into close contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19, they will be required to quarantine for a period of fourteen (14) days from the last date of contact with the infectious person. The student may not attend or participate in any CCA sanctioned events that require the student to leave their home.
Calvary Christian Academy has created the following quarantine requirements based upon literature provided by the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) in concert with the CCA athletic department’s operating procedures.
HIGH / MODERATE RISK SPORTS
Football • Lacrosse • Competitive Cheer • Basketball • Soccer • Ice Hockey
Student-athletes in these sports engage in frequent, direct physical contact with other persons as a natural part of the competitive process. In the event that a member of the team tests positive for COVID-19, all participating student-athletes on the team are considered to have met the Close Contact threshold and must quarantine for a period of 14 days.
LOW RISK SPORTS
Baseball • Softball • Track & Field • Volleyball • Swim & Dive • Sideline Cheer • Cross Country • Golf
Direct physical contact with other persons is not a normal part of the competitive process for low-risk sports. All team members will be required to quarantine immediately until a full review of team activities can be conducted. Team members may be permitted to return to team and school activities sooner than the 14-day period based upon that review.
Scholastic athletics is a community event. It requires agreement and coordination with contest officials and opposing schools. In this unique time, additional precautions must be taken to protect all stakeholders and participants.
A team member who tests positive for COVID-19 can have a significant impact on the team. Calvary administration will abide by this policy regardless of the timing and potential impact. CCA does not condone, nor will it allow any team member to be rebuked, chastised, or bullied as a result of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis. At the same time, there are steps that can be taken to reduce the risk of transmission.
- Limit social engagements and party attendance
- Avoid team parties and group events that lead to less social distancing
- Bring your own hydration and snacks to avoid sharing contaminated items.
Student Athletes & Academics
Mobile learning is one way to mitigate the risk of contracting a virus or being identified in a close contact review should another student test positive for COVID-19. The student’s ability to succeed academically is paramount. The educational format is a decision that is made by the family. The guidelines for mobile learning are as follows:
- Distance learning is a viable option for limiting the impact of COVID-19 on a student-athlete and a team.
- Varsity Coaches may recommend mobile learning, but they MAY NOT require it.
- There will be no penalty for a varsity athlete that chooses to remain in the classroom for instruction.
- JV and Middle School Coaches are not permitted to make academic recommendations.
- Families opting for mobile learning must communicate with the school administration as follows:
Post-Season Quarantine Dates
|Boys Basketball||February 9||January 26||March 6|
|Girls Basketball||February 2||January 19||February 27|
|Boys Soccer||February 1||January 18||March 6|
|Girls Soccer||February 1||January 18||March 6|
|Baseball||April 26||April 12||May 22 or 26|
|Boys Lacrosse||April 12||March 29||May 8|
|Girls Lacrosse||April 12||March 29||May 8|
|Softball||April 26||April 12||May 22|
|Tennis||April 12||March 29||April 30|
|Track & Field||April 12||March 29||April 30|
Student-athletes may return the day after their last game or the state finals.